Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sound bytes

I have not been at church the last 2 Sundays, but I have been listening to Dave's messages on line. Thanks to pod casts and my I-phone I get to take New Life with me where ever I go...ahh I digress. If you missed a message, you can go here to listen online or sign up for the pod cast.

I just had some thoughts from the messages that I have been listening to:

"Time Out" - Sunday 3/1/09:
  • The commandments were meant to keep free people free.
  • The sabbath was given as a gift from God.
  • Would you ever leave a present unopened at your birthday or on Christmas?
  • I don't think I open this gift from God often enough.
  • I wish we had a Chic-Fil-A in Turlock!
  • 4 week Sabbath challenge. Hmm, can I do this?
  • I think the last couple of Sundays, I have taken the "Sabbath" to a whole new level!
  • For me, I am going to have to put it on my calendar to keep from booking things over it.
"The Power of Honor" - 3/8/09:
  • Honor your parents came before the bad things, (murder, steal, adultery, etc).
  • Using the Wizard of Oz to explain a Godly commandment....that's cool!
  • Children believe honor means obey! I need to remember that when interacting with the boys.
  • Pastor Dave used my son in his message...remember when he talked about the little rebel!
  • Teens believe honor means respect and cooperate! That's what I'm talking about!
  • That transition from teen to adult is difficult. What can I think about now that will help my boys through that transition?
  • Adults believe honor means treasure.
  • What do you mean care for and repay? There isn't room in my house for them.
  • The older I get, the easier it is for me to honor my father and mother.
  • We live in a culture that does not honor age!
  • As our parents are getting older, we teach our children how to respect us, by the way we respect our parents! Wow...that's a thinker!
Well, there are some random thoughts I jotted down while listening to these messages the last couple of weeks. How about you? Do you have some thoughts about these messages?

No comments: