Thursday, March 26, 2009

A refreshing change

The other day I had a chance to meet with my friends at Equip Church. They are in the leadership training stage of a church plant here in Turlock. They have asked me to lead a training session on financial/budget planning (Crown Financial Ministries), which I am really excited about.

The most refreshing part about this church plant is the method by which it is happening. It seems all to often, a church plant is the result of a church split. In this case God called the leader of this church to plant it. The church they were attending (my church) has sent them out and has openly allowed them to recruit their leadership team from within the church.

It is great to play a part (no matter how small) of a church plant that is being done in God's timing and following His plan. Join me in praying for them over the next few months as they prepare to launch.

No comments: