Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Social Media

I have started and deleted my Facebook a few times now. Why? I am tired of getting invited to throw a snow ball or to give a drink. I have more than enough friends, I don't need new ones from high school that I never knew. I get fed up and I quit.

Then I realize that I can take back control and so I reactivate my account and clean house. How many times can I do that??

However, recently through a series of events I have been able to see some real blessings that have come out of blogging, twittering, facebooking, etc.

As many of you know, some friends from our church are planting a church. It has been really exciting to watch/read about their journey. As I follow their journey I have had a chance to share some incite that has helped make their journey faster and easier. Whether it was something simple like ways to make blogging easier or things regarding IRS rules for collecting financial gifts, God has allowed me to be a small part of their journey.

I am not sharing this to say "Hey, look at me!" I am sharing this to say that there are good things that come from Internet social media. These little tidbits of information may never have reached them. Had they not been blogging, had I not been reading it, who knows if I would have ever known about their situations and been given an opportunity to share something with them.

There are many faults to social media...but this week I am proud and excited to be a part of something, that only came to be because of social media on the web.

Join me in praying for our friends this week as they embark on an amazing adventure!


See ya on Facebook!

No comments: