Thursday, May 8, 2008

Today I go Home!

I have been gone for 7 days. Today, I am flying home from Salt Lake City. I can't wait to get home. I can't wait to hug Autumn and the kids and spend the afternoon with them. I also took Friday off, so that I can spend the day just hanging with the family, getting caught up on life.

I think that sometimes I can take my family for granted. Not in the bad way...but I mean in the little things. The kids are doing things we don't like them to do. They aren't listening, or behaving well. Autumn and I are bickering.

All of the things of life that tend to consume us when we let it. Yet, being away from them for 7 days has been so good for me. God has helped me to remember just how blessed I am.

I have a wonderful wife who loves me and works VERY hard to keep a wonderful home. She loves God and her family and takes care of us VERY well. I have 2 wonderful boys who love their parents (for now) and know who God is. They are in a place that make me so proud of them. We have a beautiful teenager in our life who is starting to grow up and realize what life is really all about. She is realizing the importance of a relationship with God and that she is the only one that can be accountable for her life.

I can't wait until I get home today. I love my family!

Thanks God!

No comments: