Thursday, May 15, 2008

Date Night

Tuesday night is our normal date night. This last Tuesday, Autumn and I got to go out on a date. Which, of course, was wonderful. There is always one problem after a date night. I can't wait for another one. I am always left wanting more time together.

As a parent, I am sure you would agree, having kids has been one of the pivotal moments in our marriage. However, I think if we are going to be the best parent possible, we need to work on 2 key areas:

1. Our relationship with God
2. Our relationship with our spouse.

Our relationship with God, among many other things, gives us the patience, peace, discernment and wisdom necessary to be an effective parent and a caring spouse.

Our relationship with our spouse, among many other things, gives us the strength to parent together, develop a united front so neither of us is going at this alone, and allows us to learn/fail/learn some more together.

That is why I love date night so much. It gives us the time alone to work on "us". To talk about our plans, goals, dreams, thoughts, struggles, etc. It draws us closer to each other, and closer to God, as we hold each other accountable to Him.

How long until date night? I can't wait!

No comments: