Friday, May 9, 2008

Pray like crazy.


I would describe my prayer life as fluctuating between fair and good. I have been on a fairly steady prayer schedule lately, but the prayers have been about the usually things in life. Nothing so crazy that I am expecting an answer from God on a life-changing request...until recently.

It seems just when we get comfortable and settled in our routine, God comes along and reminds us that we should never be comfortable in our walk, but always striving for more!

In just the last week, God has placed in front of me two major life-changing decisions. The good part about it, is that I have a long time before I must make a decision (many months); nonetheless, a decision still has to be made.

God also did something else amazing. He placed in front of me, my readings for this week in the Bible. I have just finished reading through Ezra and Nehemiah. One of the "take aways" that I had was been reminded at just how successful we can be in our decision making when we turn to God with prayer. God makes it clear verse after verse that if we take our requests to him in prayer, we will receive our answer.

John 16:24
Matthew 7:7-8
Jeremiah 33:3
1 John 5:14-15

These are just a few examples of how God encourages us to go to Him first and foremost. If we do, He insures us that He will answer and guide our needs in life.

After being reminded of this, it takes a great deal of pressure off of me in these upcoming life-changing decisions. I will continue to pray to God and allow Him to give me the answers I need.

Now I hope I can just be patient enough!

Thanks God!

1 comment:

Kelly Rae said...

Be careful, you know what happens when you pray for patience..... =)