Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Change Part 1

As I mentioned on Monday, and is clearly evident in the blog posts over the last few months, God is doing some major remodeling in my soul. There is change taking place. I wanted to talk a little bit more about that today.

In Monday's post, I mentioned that when God reveals things to us, we have a choice to accept and change or sit and do nothing. I choose to accept and change. Now, it sounds easier than it really is. Let's face it, sometimes when we accept the challenge to change we don't know what that looks like.

What if God is calling you to change something that you believe, could you accept the challenge? What if God is calling you to change what you think of a certain "group" of people, could you accept the challenge? What if God is calling you to step away from your church and into a new ministry, could you accept the challenge? What if God is calling you to sell your house and take your family to another country to serve as missionaries, could you accept the challenge? What if God is calling you to leave your career and enter full time ministry, could you accept the challenge? These are all ways God could use to help change something in your soul, so that you can more openly trust and serve Him.

If God lays everything out and gave you a clear picture of how these changes in your life would be accomplished, your needs met, it would not be that difficult. However, many times God simply says step out, and then allows us to choose with nothing more than faith to trust in. Why is God asking you to change ministries? Does he have a long term plan that requires you to learn to trust in Him more fully first? Who knows!

One thing I have learned is that I am someone who likes structure, planning and security. I know that I have avoided taking chances and accepting change in the past because of my fear to trust completely. I have missed out on some great blessings from God, I am sure. I do not want to do that anymore.

How about you? When God says change, how do you respond?

No comments: