Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What will people say about me?

The other day I had the privilege of working a memorial service for a new friend who went to be with the Lord. Ana was a new friend, who I had just met over the last couple of weeks. She seemed like a very nice, Godly person when I met her. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to get to know her any more. She died last week and is now with God in Heaven.

On Sunday, they had a memorial service for her. Autumn and I had a chance to serve and be a part of the service. I must admit, I was very tired and not really looking forward to it, only because I had already been there all day running church services.

What I had a chance to experience was not people saying nice things of Ana. I experienced people sharing stories of a woman who lived by Faith in God. Who trusted in Him for everything, and responded with action every time God asked her. When Pastor Greg asked how many people had experienced this from Ana, almost everyone of the 162 people present raised a hand.

It got me thinking. When I die, do I want people to say nice things of me? I don't think so. I want people to say that I lived by faith, followed God when ever He asked it of me.

How about you? Do you want people to think you are nice?

1 comment:

Joanne Reese said...

I agree, the service was beautiful. Would I want people to say that I was nice? No, not really. I would prefer they say something like "faithful" ... faithfulness to God can sometimes be misunderstood, and is rarely considered safe and nice.