Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Big Secret!

Well, it isn't that much of a secret any more. In fact, some of you already know. I am going to share it with you, but promise not to tell anyone. Can you do that for me? Just keep it to yourself.

Recently Autumn and I made some major changes in our life. They were changes that had a major impact on our family, but also had an impact on those around us. We decided to step completely out of ministry. (ok not completely, I am filling in on occasion)

What does that mean? That means on Sunday mornings you will not see me running around the church making sure things are running smoothly so that everyone who walks in those doors has a positive experience and will hopefully find God. That means I won't be leading the Welcome Ministries to the next level. That means I won't be part of the creative process at church.

Why would we do that? Do we no longer care? Of Course we care. In fact, this is the hardest decision we have had to make in a long time. Later this week I will explain the process behind our decision and why we made the decision we made.

For now, know that we are ridiculously excited about what is happening at New Life and we are so glad to be a part of our church. Lastly, we believe completely in Pastor Dave and feel blessed to be able to follow his teachings and guidance, as well as, to have him as a friend.

We can't wait to see you at church on Sunday... maybe we can sit together?

No comments: