Wednesday, January 28, 2009

One Crazy Week

Well, it has been a crazy week yet again.

As some of you know, I broke the transmission in the Jeep and so I have been without. This last Saturday while I was towing the Jeep to someone who was going to work on it, the transmission started going out in my wife's Yukon.

Well, yesterday I took the Yukon to a transmission shop and they said nothing was wrong. I took it to a mechanic today and he gave it a tune-up....good as new!

In addition, I got a call on my Jeep and the guy told me he had a buddy who just offered me a transmission out of his Jeep that is better and stronger than my current one and he is going to sell it to me for the same price it will cost me to repair my transmission.

As I sat back tonight I couldn't help but laugh. You see, normally I get pretty uptight and tense with vehicle problems. We drive older vehicles because they are paid for...but sometimes the repair costs can be large. Yet, with the current series we are in and with having read through Malachi a lot recently I sat back a week ago and told God that I was not going to stress. These are his cars and he could do with them as he pleases but that he would have to provide the money to fix them.

Well, be careful what you wish for...that is exactly what God did. He has provided the extra income and kept the costs to a point where it is all paid for with cash and sometime next week we will be back to normal.

Thank you God!

No comments: