Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fed Up!


Well, I never thought the day would come, but I have finally gotten fed up with Microsoft. That is right! I am a die-hard PC guy, but I am getting fed up with Microsoft.

I have already switched to FireFox for my browser, and have been extremely happy. There are many great add-ons that make my surfing experience much easier.

The final steps have been holding out on Microsoft Outlook. Today I flushed it. After reading a blogger over and over talk about how great Google Apps and Google Mail is, I started experimenting with it. Well, today I made the switch and I don't plan on looking back.

There are a few things different but so far, it is really nice. Not to mention it is all online so thanks to that, and technology like IMAP I can keep my mail synced no matter where I am at or what I am using.

Finally, if my wife switches, then we can have shared calendars and don't have to set-up a Microsoft Exchange server. Great stuff.

So, if you are like me and what smooth, easy operation, make the switch and get away from Microsoft.

Now, if I can just find away to dump Vista! (and no I am not going to Linux so don't offer!)

No comments: