Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Restless Sleeper


I have been talking a lot lately about being busy and trying to slow things down. It has been working pretty good. I think, though, sometimes God has to smack you upside the head (figuratively speaking) and remind you of what is important.

God has been doing that to me lately in the form of restless sleep. I typically am slow to fall asleep. It will take me an hour or so for my mind to shut down...kinda like Windows Vista...but that's another story. The last couple of nights, I haven't been able to shutdown. I have been wide awake for 3 or 4 hours, before exhaustion sets in and I fall asleep.

I am not sure why? I do know that God is really challenging me in some areas. I am not sure that I like it, but I did ask for it. I have asked for some guidance in a number of areas...career, family, friends, etc. The typical stuff.

God decided the last two nights to really open my eyes up and push me into a deeper thinking process....all after midnight.

There are many people who think that God isn't there...I think He is, He is just waiting for the right time to get your attention. For me, that is when I let my crazy life go at the end of the day.

A friend said to me yesterday that every time they see my I am going "a million miles an hour". The fact is, I am. During the day, I try and maximize my time and accomplish as much as possible, so when I get home, I can try and focus on the family (I assure you that doesn't always work). Unfortunately, it has reduced my "free time" to late at night and early in the mornings.

God took advantage of that. I think I need to make more time during the day for God.

I would love to give you a deeper more meaningful blog, but really...I am tired and dragging today. I will try and give you something more meaningful later. Thanks for hanging with me today!

No comments: