Monday, August 10, 2009

What is normal?

This year my busy season has lasted exceptionally long. My normal busy season is April to July. However, this year it started getting busy by the end of January and just this week has started to slow down.

There are many reasons for this, but that is not important.

The fact is, I saw this day coming. I have looked forward to it for a very long time. The point where I would be able to sigh and then relax. It is just at that time when you start to relax that kids do their best job at destroying that dream.

This past week, our "daughter" got herself into some trouble. Nonetheless, what I thought was going to be a very quiet week, has become a very crazy week. Yet, for some reason, when dealing with our kids, no matter how much stress they cause, it is way easier to deal with then even the slightest work stress.

Why do you think that is? Is it because we choose to have kids, and so we are stuck with it, where as our job is a choice? Or is it as simple as parental love abounds all?

Thoughts?

All I know, is I am still happy to be out of this busy season and am not the least bit bothered by the kiddo issues!

No comments: