Thursday, August 27, 2009

Twitter according to Tim

I read a blog post from Tim Stevens a couple of weeks ago that he wrote on things he had learned about Twitter. You can read his post here.

One of the things that I enjoyed the most was his point that we should turn twitter off occasionally. Of course, I read into that further and thought that we should be turning off all social media occasionally. Twitter, Facebook, email, texting, and any other currently cool connection tools available.

As I reflected on that I began questioning whether I had control of my "twitter" issues. Could I turn it off? Would I turn it off? Can I stop anytime I want? Does it interfer with my family? The reality is, I am not sure...but it is most likely undercontrol, right?. Tim makes a great point, "Like anything, you can become addicted."

I am on vacation all this week, and unless I have cell coverage at the lake, I most likely will not be checking my mail, facebook, or twitter. The real question that comes in to play: If I have cell service, can I put my phone down?

By the time you read this post, you will know the answer to this question, if you follow me in any form. So, let me challenge you. If there is doubt whether or not you are out of control....it is probably too late. Take a break. Turn it off. If you are like me, you probably have already overloaded your brain with leadership stuff that you won't be able to process any more anyways!

See ya next week!

No comments: