Monday, August 31, 2009

Praying

Well, this last week of vacation has been great. We had a wonderful time camping, and it wasn't even crowded (advantage of homeschooling, we can go after kids are back in school).

I took a number of naps. That is always a good thing. I got to do a lot of "firsts" with my boys on this vacation. First baseball game (Sac Rivercats), first hike, etc.

One of the things I got to spend a lot of time doing was praying. Most of you who know me know that I am not a "prayer warrior". This has always been the area of my walk I struggle with the most. I certainly believe in the power and value of prayer, it is just something I have always struggled with giving it the priority it deserves.

However, with all the changes going on in our lives, and the steps of faith we had to take, I find myself in a new and unique position. I have no idea what I am doing. I cannot lean on my own understanding. The result? I need God.

This has been a great, yet scary, experience. As I prayed through so much over the last week, it was amazing to see what God was able to speak to me about. I started reading Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire over the weekend. Which is a book about...well, Prayer. It has been a very refreshing and apropos read at this stage in my life.

I have no great spiritual point to make, or guidance to provide. I simply wanted to share what God is doing in me right now; because, well, I think it is really exciting. If you haven't been there and experienced it, let me encourage you to do so...right now!

No comments: