Monday, May 4, 2009

Unhappy Traveler

Over the last week I spent the better part of 2 days traveling back and forth from California to Louisiana and back again. One of the things that I noticed is that people really don't like to travel.

Don't misunderstand, people love to go on vacation. People like to experience new locations. I just don't think that most people like the time to and from their destinations. As I sat on Thursday watching people for 3 hours in the airport, I don't think I saw 1 happy person...OK kids, but they don't count!

I saw sleepy people, warn out people, frustrated people, discouraged people; but not 1 truly happy person. Why is that?

Do you remember when vacations were not about the destination, but rather about the trip to the destination? (OK, at least that is how I remember it.) What happened?

Have we become a world that is so rushed that we don't have time to stop and enjoy the journey? I think the experience should be about the journey and not the destination!

How about you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

I think that's why people hate travelling. LOL

Truly though, "getting there" is half the fun of any trip. People are just too caught up in the hustle and bustle of it all to enjoy the time.