Wednesday, May 20, 2009

God-sized dreams

Last night started out like any other evening. I was meeting my friend for coffee, as I do most weeks. We talk about life's ups and downs, vent and all that kinda man stuff. As we continued, our discussion lead us on a journey...that I still haven't grasped in its entirety.

I don't want to go in to much detail at this point, as it is still in the prayer stage...but I promise you will be hearing a great deal about it in the future.

I do want to share an amazing observation from our discussion. As we were discussing this idea, my friend at one point noted that the first step is really to pray about it and determine if there is a way we can turn this idea into a God idea. As soon as we made this about God, God showed up! Let me tell you, when God shows up you better have a big pad of paper! The ideas started flowing, the dreams grew bigger and the excitement exploded. We could not keep track of these ideas fast enough.

We started to realize that what started out as a one-time fun idea has the capability, with a few God-sized dreams, of becoming so much more. Will it? I don't know. All I know, is that with God involved, we truly realized that ANYTHING was possible.

There is still a lot of prayer and planning to work through in the next few weeks, but I think God has given a couple of guys a glimpse into what could be something amazing....God-sized amazing!

Stay tuned for more!

No comments: