Monday, April 6, 2009

One of those days

Today is one of those days...

You know the kind...

Great weekend, did something special with my wife, hung out around the house, had a small group meeting on Sunday with friends staying late. The wife and I then stayed up even later to unwind from such a wonderful weeekend.

Add to that, a teenage daughter who needs a ride to school first thing in the morning....when you add everything up you get:

Sleepy and tired this Monday afternoon.

As I was thinking about what to blog today, I couldn't believe how tired I was. It often amazed me that life always seems to hit hardest when we are trying to change something big, something that may require a lot of will power.

As Pastor Dave preached yesterday about being alive and having great expectations from God, I began thinking why I couldn't have the same big expectations from my marriage and my family. I committed to living every day with great expectations from God and in his ability to touch every part of my life.

Do I still believe it? Of Course, but that doesn't mean it is easy to do, especially when I am exhausted! Yet, because I have a mighty God I am going to push through it, knowing that I can't do this alone!

Thanks God...I need you more than I know!

No comments: