Monday, April 20, 2009

Anticipation

It is Monday and on Thursday I fly out to New Orleans on business for 8 days. The week of is always an interesting time.

I love to travel. I love to fly and visit new places, it is partly how I am wired. Yet, for some reason the week of the flight I begin to build a little anticipation of the flight. I know Jesus, so I am not scared to die (not that I am ready to go yet!), and I feel flying is very safe (more likely to die in a car than a plane); however I am always a bit ency before my flight.

I haven't quite nailed it down, but I think that maybe it is the unknown. Although I am "prepared" I don't know what will happen. I don't know what the next 8 days will have in store for me.

If you know me, you know that I like a little structure in my life, and when I travel there is to much left to the unknown.

So, today as the anticipation began to set in I was thinking about people like me who haven't found Christ. Do they have a hard time putting there faith in a God when they don't have all the answers. When they don't know exactly what to expect. How do you reach someone like that...someone like me?

I am not sure. I know that Love is involved somewhere, and maybe some Grace...but I think that to reach people like me, there has to be a deliberate effort made. I haven't figured it out yet.

Any thoughts?

No comments: