Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Follow-up on Doris

A couple weeks ago, I wrote a blog about our greeter Doris. If you haven't read it, go read it here first.

I had the privelage of speaking with Doris this past Sunday and told her about the situation specifically. I asked her how she did it. I am still boggled. Then what I heard next humbled me in an amazing way.

First of all, Doris was quick to correct me, it was not Bob, his name was Bill. Doris then went on to explain how when he came the first time, years ago, he had a young daughter about 10 years old and that his wife's name was Doris. She said that she has been praying for Bill and his family almost every day since then. So it was easy to remember him when he returned because she has been praying for him. In fact, she then went on to describe what the family is up to and their plans for the future, etc.

What?! You have been praying for them almost every day. Man, I get grumpy if I have to remember every prayer need for my family and friends...okay so I am exagerating to make a point. It was still a humbling conversation.

Thanks Doris for being the woman of faith that you are. I am blessed to know you!

2 comments:

J N said...

This is so cool, Jason! What an incredible heart Doris has--to not only shake someone's hand and try to remember their name, but to pick up their burden and carry it with them for YEARS!!! God can do amazing things through us when we love people with his love!

Dave said...

I hadn't checked your blog for a couple of weeks after I kidded you guys, and here you are blogging almost daily. OK, you're back on my RSS reader!

Good blog!