Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Rusty Preacher

This Sunday I will be preaching a sermon for the first time in....well, let's just say it has been a while. I have had a few months to prepare, which has been really helpful. I have been able to do research and planning well before I needed to sit down and prepare the actual message.

This week, I have spent the last 2 nights working on my message. I have completed a first draft, and now can focus on revisions, tweaks, etc. However, no matter how much planning, I never go into Sunday feeling like it is perfect...or even close for that matter.

Yet, something unique happens come Sunday morning. I preach the perfect message for every person who comes to hear it. Of course, I am referring to the fact that it isn't me, but rather the Holy Spirit speaking through me. The truth is, and every one of you readers who is a speaker know, you can plan as much as you want but in the end it is the Holy Spirit who does the preaching, we just become the vessel He uses.

So, if you aren't doing anything on Sunday, come check it out. Regardless of what I do, you will here a perfect message!

Visit our website here to get times/directions. See ya Sunday!

No comments: