Monday, June 15, 2009

Reflection

This week I was having lunch with a friend and we were talking about the year and what I was going through, so I decided to share a little of it with you.

If you have followed my blog at all, then you know last year was a very focused year of goals. As I talked about last week here, this year, however has really been about slowing down, spending time with family and spending time reflecting. As I mentioned last week, the last few weeks, God has really been showing me a lot.

This year has been a real journey. If you want to catch up, then I would go back and read these blog posts here, here, here and here. You will see that it really has been a year about self reflection, and less about book study or leadership growth.

God has used this year to really open up my heart and mind to areas of opportunity. The problem with areas of opportunity is that they can be uncomfortable. Sometimes it is easy and other times it can be extremely uncomfortable. For some, a move across the country or a call to a different church would be very uncomfortable. However, if we are to grow as leaders, as Christians and as people sometimes God has to make us uncomfortable if we are going to grow.

What does that mean for me? I am not sure. I will share more as God reveals it. I do know that something crazy IS going to happen. I know that it WILL be uncomfortable. I know that I will grow as I go through it. I am just not sure what IT is yet.

How about you? God doing anything crazy in your life right now?

No comments: