Monday, June 8, 2009

Boggles the Mind

Every now and then you have one of those days. For me, yesterday was that day!

Last year (2008) was probably the year that I can attribute to the greatest growth in my spiritual walk...from a knowledge and relational standpoint.

I spent more time in the Word, with my year through the Bible. I read a lot of books with my book goal. I spent more time interacting and building relationships as I served as a volunteer leader at the church.

This year has seemed to go quite the opposite...I thought. I have really backed off and focused on my family for a period, which has been great. I have enjoyed that time and look forward to each week.

However, as a result of not being such a book worm, I have had a lot of time to think and reflect this year. I have been able to spend more time evaluating and studying who I am as a Christian and what my walk with God looks like. I have been really pleased with some of it. Other stuff, not so much.

Over the last couple of weeks, as I have been preparing a 2-part teaching message for Equip Church, God has really been able to open my eyes to areas of my life. As I have been praying for God to challenge me in certain areas, he has been opening my eyes to those areas in my life and showing me the opportunities to help me work through them.

Yesterday the light bulb came on. Through some discussion with people I was with, God was able to bring everything to a "oh, I get it" perspective. I am not sure yet how this will play out, and will share more as I get my mind around it.

I have no big revelations for you, or huge applications. For now, I just had to tell you that this is really exciting and I can't wait to share more with you.

Stay tuned!

No comments: