Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Are you willing to be attacked for God?


I wrote a blog a week or so ago here about being or not being afraid to take hits while on our journey of sharing the love of Christ.

I recently read an article about missionaries who were attacked and left for dead in Kenya. They returned home to receive medical care, but now they want to return to Kenya. They want to continue their mission, but further they also want to go to the prison where their attackers are and offer forgiveness and share the love of Christ with them. You can read the whole article here.

I was amazed at their resilience and their commitment to Christ. Frankly, I don't know if I have that kind of faith. That is the faith we pray about. To serve God...no matter what.

It is something we blog about, write about and pray about. How many of us act it out?

As we learn about how every One matters. What are we doing about it? Normally I would encourage you to look deep inside and seek God for guidance. Not this time!

I want to challenge you to do something. Do something this month that requires total and complete faith, something way outside your comfort zone!

No comments: