Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Year Through the Bible...In God We Trust

Have you ever given much thought to the words on the coins:

In God We Trust

Everyday we have that in our fingers and the other day I was reading through Psalms and began thinking about that phrase.

I was reading Psalm 20:7 which says:

Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.


I really like that verse. It is something that I have written on a card after reading it and I have included in my prayers this week. Why?

How often does our mouth say "In God we trust" but our actions show different? I don't know for you, but for me, that is way to often. There are too many things in my life that I want to hold on to and keep control of. The reality is, I need to let go.

God has been showing me that a lot lately.

God has been placing challenges in our life that is forcing us to let go and trust in Him. It is not easy, but it is sure refreshing. As Pastor Dave has been walking us through the Life Recovery process, I feel like part of that recovery process for me has been letting go and placing my full trust in God.

I am scared. I am freaked out. I am fighting the desire to take back control. However, if I am ever going to be able to serve Him completely and freely I have to learn to do this.

Your right Pastor Dave...I think it is going to get harder before it gets easier...but it is freeing!

How about you? Can you honestly say "In God we(I) Trust" with every area of your life?

No comments: