Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Coffee with a friend


I think that sometimes the best thing we can do is sit back and share our hopes and dreams with a friend.

Yesterday, I had a chance to sit down with a friend for a couple of hours and just chat about ministry. We talked about some of the exciting things going on right now at New Life.

I shared some of the things I have been praying about with my ministry and some of the changes I would like to make.

We talked about the future of New Life, as we imagined it, and our respective ministries and that is where the dreaming began. We talked about some of the craziest dreams and ideas of where God could take our ministries and the church.

I think that the time spent dreaming...er I mean "brainstorming"... brings ministry to life. It adds a whole new level of where it can go. It reignites the flames of passion and pushes us forward into taking those scary steps that we know is WAY beyond our own ability; and, as a result, forces us to rely on God to make it happen and not on our own abilities.

That is the place I want to be all the time. It is scary and a rush all at the same time, and God moves during those times. You have got to experience it if you haven't already, it becomes addicting!

Thanks, my friend, for giving of your time yesterday! You helped feed my addiction! (the good addiction that is...)

Publish Post

No comments: