Thursday, March 20, 2008

What a wonderful gift!

The other day I posted about our pastors going to a conference called Unleash. It is at NewSpring Church in Anderson, SC. I have already had a chance to talk with both Pastor Dave and Pastor Jon and it is great to hear how excited they both are about what they came away with. If you have read their blog you can begin to see some of that excitement. I can't wait to hear more about their trip.

However, this is nothing compared to what I had the privelage of receiving when I walked into the Church office on Monday. I can't even put it into words, so I am not going to try to. Here ya go:


In case you can't tell, sitting on the desk in the office was an autographed copy of Tony Morgan's book. It may seem kinda corny to be excited about an autographed book, but let me explain. When I heard that the Pastor's were going to the conference, I joked with Pastor Jon that he had to bring me back Tony's autograph. I am a great admirer of Tony Morgan and what he has done. I enjoy his books and his blog.

Pastor Jon attended his breakout session, and after the session, made his way up to Tony and had him autograph a book...just for me! I say this for one important reason. If you don't hear it from them or anyone else, your pastors care and love each and everyone of us and will do what ever it takes to help us find Christ and grow closer to Him. Of course, this book may not be the key to my relationship with Christ, but it does show the hearts that our Pastors have for us as a congregation.

Join me this Easter holiday in taking the time to thank our Pastors for all they do. God has truly given us a wonderful gift...in our Pastors! (and you thought the title of the blog was about the book!)


post signature

2 comments:

Kelly Rae said...

Hey Jason, it's me! Congrats again on your win Friday night and I hope you all have a wonderful Easter.

J N said...

Aw, it was nothing! What you and your team do, every week, to serve our KING--now that's AMAZING! When the Lord's people bring their gifts to the table--INCREDIBLE things happen! Thank you sooooooooooooo much!