Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Thanks #5

Recap:

#1. The Love Jesus Christ has for me.
#2. My Wife, Autumn
#3. My two boys
#4. My Job and my boss.

and #5......my Church.

I am excited to be a part of my church, New Life Christian Center. We are undergoing what I think will be a major culture change over the next couple of years. I have no idea what it will look like. I have had a number of opportunities to talk with my Senior Pastor, Dave Larson, to try and see if God has given him a hint of what it might look like...either he is doing a good job of hiding it or he isn't sure what it will look like after the transformation (and I think it is the later). I have had a chance to talk and share with our Creative Arts and Worship Pastor, Jon Nichols, and he is as excited as myself and everyone else I talk to. Which to me means that when there is a lot of excited staff about pending change, something great is coming. That is what I am most excited about, is to see how God uses this change to bring him glory and allow us to reach out to those who do not yet know Christ. I am also thankful for the the opportunity to be a part, however small, of this exciting time.

Thank you Pastor Dave and Pastor Jon for allowing me to serve in my church!

No comments: