Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving Thanks #1

Okay! This one was supposed to go out yesterday...I got distracted. So, here is Monday's:

As a Christian, the first thing I am thankful for is Jesus Christ. Now, don't check out! At this point you would expect me to say because of his saving grace, or his unconditional love, or some other "fluffy" stuff. Now, those are all valid reasons, but for me it is a bit more specific.

I am thankful for a Savior that loved me so much that he allowed me to fail so bad in life that I realized the only way out was through Him. I am just stubborn enough to think that I could do life on my own, and would have continued that way for the rest of my life on this earth. However, my Savior refused to bail me out and I continued down until I hit rock bottom. It was then and only then that I realized I couldn't do it alone. As a result I turned my life over to Christ and allowed him to do it for me.

Thank you Jesus for ALL you do...especially when we don't think you are there!

No comments: