Wednesday, October 21, 2009

God's Timing

I am reminded day after day just how perfect God's timing is. Yet, for some reason I never cease to be amazed when He does it again.

On Monday, I was reading in 2 Samuel 7, because of something I read on Steven Furtick's blog. As I read it, I was just amazed at King David's attitude when God told him that he couldn't build the temple. My prayer that day was based on that. "God, no matter what happens, I just want to be greatful for the opportunity".

Sure enough, that afternoon, I received some news at work that was a bit dishearting. It wasn't bad news, it just wasn't the news I was hoping for. However, thanks to God's amazing timing, I was able to work through it with the same prayer I had been repeating all day.

I think that no matter how long I am a Christian, and how long God directs my life, I will continue to be amazed each and every day with His timing. I better, because if I'm not I better check my heart!

No comments: