Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Blog Reader Vs. Blog Writer

I have always wanted to be a great blog writer. Someone who can write paragraphs of deep thought and questions that make others go...."hmm, I hadn't thought of that!" Yet, as I begin to read blogs from various people, many of whom I first heard of through my Pastor's blog, I have come to a revelation... I am a blog reader not a blog writer.

I receive such joy in reading others blogs. Some of the blogs are personal events or about things going on in the author's life; yet, others are from prominant Pastors or ministry leaders who are sharing about great things going on in their ministries or things that God has placed on their hearts....much like a sermon on the computer.

When I first realized that I am a reader vs. a writer I have to admit, I was a bit sad...after all, God was not going to use me as the great blogger of all times. Then I started thinking about something I read in a book by Mark Batterson called "In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day". In the book, Mark talks about how God wants to use the adversity in our lives and turn it into a ministry. He further quotes 2 cor 1:4...

He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they
are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.

Please don't read into this, I am not trying to change the intent of scripture. However, it did make me think. What I determined was this: God made me a reader, not a writer. God is giving me the hunger to read the blogs that I read. It is God who will then use what I have consumed, and feed it to others through me. I am okay with that!

So let me ask you...Are you a reader or a writer? Which ever you are be proud. God will use you to feed others, one way or another!

No comments: