Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Fusion to Fussing

A "new adventure" would probably be an understatement if I try and describe what it is like to be a part of a church plant. There is so many things going on and so much to be accomplished with so few resources. It is an adventure...and so much more!

One of the visions that God has called Equip to do, is to be a church that plants churches. Where you might ask? Where ever! It may be local, nationally, internationally. If God directs we will follow.

One of the most important steps (after hearing and following God, of course) is to develop a church planting program that includes the steps/processes we want to take in working with a new pastor in planting a church. This is where I come in.

I am extremely passionate about this. I am excited about being able to come along side of someone and help them prepare to plant a church as they follow God's calling. I also realize, that I have no knowledge or training, outside of the gifts God has given me. Therefore, I am on a mission. I am looking for books, websites, conferences, webinars, etc. that provide great information about establishing a spiritual successful church plant.

I am beginning to read books like, Holy Discontent by Bill Hybels, Launch: Starting a New Church from Scratch by Nelson Searcy and Thomas Kerrick, Fusion: Turning First-Time Guests into Fully-Engaged Members of Your Church by Nelson Searcy.

I can fuss all day long about which books I should or shouldn't read, as we begin to focus on developing a program for planting churches. I am willing to beg, borrow and steal (with permission) from those who have done it right before me.

I am curious... what do you recommend? Any good books, websites, conferences, etc? Remember, we are a church plant, so money is no object...because we have none!

No comments: