Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Playing with Trucks!

First you need a list of ingredients:
  • Dirt (most important)
  • Tonka Trucks (the bigger and the more metal the better)
  • 2 Boys with great imaginations
  • 1 dad not afraid to act silly (I think thats me!)
If you put all of that together and give up some very important "time" that I could be getting something done, and you have a memorable moment that will last forever...

Lat night I got to hang out with the boys while Autumn was out playing bunko(is there a guy out there who really understands it anyway?), we got bored and couldn't decide what to do.

We started with the boys riding some bikes and then we decided to go to the back yard. Once back there, they began playing in the dirt with their trucks. So I jumped in with them as the "backhoe" operator and provided them with a steady stream of fresh dirt to fill their dump trucks. We probably only played for about 15-20 minutes before they were ready to go inside and watch a movie or play a game.

As we were walking inside, my youngest said "thanks for playing with us, daddy"!

Earlier that evening, I was trying to decide if they could watch a movie, so I could get some computer work done. Instead, I took 20 minutes out of my day to crawl around in the dirt with my boys.

Did we talk about anything profound? No
Did we solve the worlds problems? No
Did we plan out their careers? No

Did we have fun and do something that they will remember for a long time? Yes

Fathers (and mothers) ....nothing is so important that we can't take a few minutes out of our day to roll around in the dirt! The cost is minimal and the rewards are eternal!

Need to borrow a truck?

No comments: